28 January 2011

The Times, They Are A-Changin'

Take a look at my first blog. 

Now, go through my entire archives.  (If it helps, I’ll throw in a few suggestions: from August ‘08, a mention of Annabell Lee, October 2008, May 2009, an entertaining post from November 2009, my insightful playoff blog from last year,  July 2010, and my most recent).

It would help if I had kept up CUBS on a regular basis, but it’s incredibly apparent that my writing style has changed immensely in the last two and a half years.  You can tell my language, typing style, and use of punctuation have changed so much.

I see the same thing in my archived interactions on facebook (picture comments, etc.)  And I daresay if you went to my Myspace page (I think it's located at http://www.myspace.com/cth7692 but it may not be, I haven't checked in months, and not regularly in over two years) you'd see a far different Clayton, writing and comment-wise, than the one you know now.

I don't really have a point to this one, I just think it's kind of interesting how my style of online writing has changed in the past three years.

Hopefully, tomorrow's blog will be much more interesting.  I'm planning on having a nice little pseudo-rant about some things, so if you like exaggeratedly angry college students, you'll love my post tomorrow!

As you can see, I have once again changed the look of CUBS, as a part of the Clayton Blog Makeover.  Tell me what you like and don't like, how it compares to the first change (don't worry, I saved a sample from it and will be posting a set of pictures from each new look to facebook so you can compare good and bad), and so forth.  I already have seen a couple items that will be staying from this look, font-wise.

Lastly, I'm still taking suggestions for my new blog's name.  Let me know what you might like it to be called.

-Clayton

2 comments:

  1. for the Do you like it thing, you realize that there is something you can put for star ratings like this http://bit.ly/dOARkP

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the bomb, Daviddavid. What would I do without you?

    ReplyDelete