27 January 2011

I was totally worried I wouldn't have a good topic today...

Big news out of Nashville this evening is that Jeff Fisher will no longer be coaching at Tennessee.

This is huge, Fisher, having served 16 and a half years as a head coach for the Titans, will be moving on to bigger and better things next season.

This is a shocker, and I'm still trying to grasp it.  Like, it's just surreal.

I wish I had words to use, but this is one of those rare instances where exhaustion meets with disbelief and raw emotion.  All I can say is I am upset, and intensely shocked.  Jeff Fisher has been the head coach of the Oilers/Titans franchise as long as I've been a football fan.  I suppose all good things must come to an end, but it's so sudden.  He should be on the sidelines for the Titans next year.

I can not see how this doesn't have to do with Bud Adams.  Just twenty days after saying that Jeff Fisher would be the Tennessee Titans head coach in 2011, somehow, mysteriously, Bud Adams finds himself looking for a new head coach.  It's astounding, absolutely, thinking that Bud Adams turned back on his word.  If you'll remember, he was the guy that said Vince Young and Jeff Fisher would both be Titans through next season.  He made these commitments, and now has turned back on both of them fully.  That rubs me the wrong way, backing out of commitments.  Thus, I have lost all respect for Mr. Adams, and although I remain a Titans fan, I will not support a team of which Bud Adams is the owner.

So, what comes next for Clayton?  Temporarily, at least, I'll be supporting the Philadelphia Eagles more.  They are my favorite NFC team, and they're a lot like the Titans.  So hopefully they won't disappoint me.

On a happier note, Samford men's basketball pulled out an thrilling win over conference foe Elon.  I won't elaborate much; I'm writing my first article for the Crimson, so I'll post it when I get finished so as to do the game full justice.

And now, I turn it over to you, the readers.  Am I reacting too harshly?  Or are my thoughts justified?  What are your opinions?  As always, topic suggestions are wonderful.

-Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment