26 January 2011

Going Interactive

Ok, folks, here's what's up.

It's time for a bit of a change for Clayton's Universe: Blog Style. Yes, the basics of the blog will still be the same, but I'm looking at adding a bit more structure to it. So, here's what's happening, in a nice bulleted list.
  • I'm still going to be blogging about sports, music, life, and so on.
  • In addition, any suggestions for blog topics you might have, I want to know so I can write about them.
  • This blog will be informal, and more personal. This is in response to the more professional-like blog I will be maintaining for my JMC class.
  • Image: I'll be experimenting with some new aesthetic formats and layouts. With the new interactive-minded blogging style I'll be using, of course I'll want feedback on what you like and don't like.
  • I'm going to try to upkeep the blog daily, so look for a new posting every afternoon.
  • Again, feel free to give me any feedback, on anything. Or if you have something you want to tell someone, but you're not sure who, I'll be here to talk to you, privately or otherwise.
Now, the new blog. It'll be officially going live on Monday, January 31, at around 4pm CDT, but I'm planning on getting it made this weekend. It will be a semi-professional (semi, mainly because I imagine I will be progressing from student to professional during its tenure) review and analysis blog. For the next semester, I will be exploring the Chicago Tribune, analytically reviewing one or two stories per issue, week, or something in between--once I get a feel for it, I'll have a better gauge of regularity--as well as posting a few reviews and analyses of class projects. If you have any ideas for names, formats, etc, I can use (keep in mind, I'm using this as a resume-builder, so keep it formal/professional) for the blog, let me know.

It's an exciting time for Clayton Hurdle Enterprises (yeah, not really an Enterprise. But if you need a ride, and I have a car, you can know for sure that I'd pick you up.) and the Blogger world. Stay tuned for more excitement and adventure.

-Clayton

10 comments:

  1. this better be freakin awesome. i expect great things, great things

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and i see that you havent read my blog in infinty, so how bout checking out the new article i got on the 23rd? and a new one comes tonight

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, tell me what you think of the new format. What do you like, what needs changing/improvement?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i like it, have you seen the new web fonts feature they have? it adds even more of a personal touch, and it looks cool too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed I have. I think I'm sticking with this one though, unless you have a specific recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're doing good... now if only i can finish that jack sparrow/clayton wallpaper. remind me, am i just getting jack sparrow on there, or am i putting your head on there too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Jack, and the word is "well", not "good." :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, David. Do you like my choice of picture? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah.. can't remember exactly where i've seen it before though..

    ReplyDelete