30 July 2010

"I like your beard"

Yeah, too bad I shaved it.

Our next blog---one I’m just rolling with, I might have you know---will encompass moving, transition, and “New Directions” (not the McKinley Glee Club).

So, yeah, there’s been some crazy stuff going on this past month.

Guess really it all started a while ago, one could argue as soon as my great-great-great-great-great grandparents were conceived. (OK, I’m stretching it a little.) But anyway, I’m entering a rather exciting and interesting time in my life. And there’s lots and lots of change going on for that. In addition, on the homefront there’s been some major disruption of normal life, so to speak. We’ll just rock with it, and maybe there’s a moral at the end that I’ll come to.

So. Let’s start with the personal (It’s all rather personal, but we’re talking me being the person with the greatest effect). I’m in the process right now of moving into the other “slave” (aka not master) bedroom. I now live in the smallest bedroom in the house, and I’ve still got all the clutter of the last room (which is really what I should be working on instead of this blog, but, you know…). It’s also starting to hit me that I’m leaving Htown for the bright lights and rolling hills of Birmingham in only two weeks. I’ve been worried about when and how I’m going to get everything done that needs to be done before then, but now I’m stopping and thinking how much I’m going to miss everyone here. It really was a great run, and a blessing to have such great friends here. That kinda sorta brings me to my next paragraph.

So, it’s been an interesting month or so for the youth of HFUMC. When we got back from choir tour (a really falsely dramatic trip. Like, it wasn’t even funny how petty all these people’s “drama” was), Tiffany, our director, was fired. In this exact same meeting that they got rid of Tif, they told Gavin, our youth director, that he had ten days to make improvements, and after apparently changing their minds and not even seeing the improvements Gavin made, fired him the next Thursday. So, the church is in a bit of a transition as well. We are all trying to figure this situation out, and (this is strictly in my opinion) clinging to the past when we need to move on. It’s human nature, we can’t be blamed for it, but either way. So it’s tough. I’ve got a boatload to say about it; if you know me and are interested in what I have to say, feel free to call, email, or fb message me (there’s too much for text message).

But, yeah, it’s been strange. We’re all going in a bit of a different way now. I have faith it’ll all turn out for the better, because that’s just one of the things I believe fully.

Wow, that was intense. Cool. Well, on to more exciting things. Like, maybe some sports.

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment