14 October 2014

Song of the Day: October 14, 2014

One of my favorite YouTubers is Peter Hollens. First and foremost, his music is entirely vocal with little to no added computer effects. Secondly, his voice is basically that of an angel. Last, and almost as important as the first, he never forgets his fans and supporters - at the end of every video he always says "you are the reason I get to make music," which is just about the coolest thing a musician can say to the people that love his craft.

This morning (after taking some time out last night to interact with his Twitter followers while editing the video - like I said, the man involves his fans), Peter released a new song to his YouTube channel. The original song, titled "Ashland's Song", depicts the thoughts and feelings associated with becoming a father for the first time. I've long been a proponent of the idea that music is the best conveyor of music, and Peter's thoughts and emotions are very evident in this piece:


I really can't relate to this song (yet), but I thought it was high time to give one of my favorite musical artists a CUBS shoutout. So here's to you, Peter. I'm looking forward to the day five to 10 years down the road when your son begins making beautiful music with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment