30 September 2014

Song of the Day: September 30, 2014

I was looking at my Facebook feed today like normal, and saw a post from one of my fantastic friends. This particular video post stars an attractive blonde girl, an attractive dark-haired man and a Seahawks fan with a guitar sitting in a car. Five seconds after my clicking the "play" button, these three musicians had blown me away with their fantastic voices (and guitar playing). I'll go ahead and share it, and after you watch the video continue reading to see why I think this is so fantastic.


First, an introduction: The babe singing lead vocals is named Andie Case. The hunk singing backups is Naphtali Smith. The back-seat driver and accompanist is named Ajay Marshall. I literally knew nothing about these three before watching this video for the first time 15 minutes ago, so you'll have to search them on YouTube to find out more. Why did I like this video so much?

  • It's raw. It's one acoustic guitar and three voices. No synthesizers, amplifiers or effects.
  • They have good voices, and sing with harmony. Good, solid harmonies.
  • "Me and My Broken Heart" is a catchy song already.
  • Andie has an attitude about her while singing this song. I've only known her for 20 minutes, but I can already see some of her personality.
  • "Yea-uh" at 1:25.
  • The growl in Andie's voice at 1:58 is absolute perfection.
  • AND THEN THEY BREAK INTO ROB THOMAS? I'm done, shut up, take my money.
So, that was my introduction to Andie Case and I couldn't be happier that I saw this video. I will certainly be back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment