24 September 2014

Song of the Day: September 24, 2014

Yesterday, my favorite band of all time released its third studio album, aptly titled PTX Vol. III. Naturally, I purchased a CD yesterday and have already declared I will listen to nothing else for a long time. So as not to overload you with Pentatonix greatness, I've decided every Wednesday Song of the Day will be devoted to the musical greatness that is Avi Kaplan, Kevin Olusola, Kirstie Maldonado, Mitch Grassi and Scott Hoying.

In the first installment of Pentatonix Wednesday, I present the only mashup on the seven-song PTX Vol. III. "La La Latch" is a signature PTX mashup of two songs by one of my least favorite popular artists today, Sam Smith. However, this mashup is pure gold. In true Pentatonix fashion, it is difficult to discern what parts of the song contain "La La La" and which parts come from "Latch". My favorite part of the video is its simplicity: five friends standing and singing in a circle. Have a watch and listen (or 500):


Next Pentatonix Wednesday: Papaoutai

No comments:

Post a Comment