30 July 2010

YouTube

So, recently, I’ve been spending ungodly amounts of time (mostly after 10pm) on the famous video sharing website YouTube (you know, Broadcast yourself and all that crap).

Well, I’ve come across some very funny, musical, and otherwise just pretty darn good videos in my recent youtube binges.

Among them would include the absolutely fabulous Meekakitty, whose “I hate sporks!” video appears in the “Clayton striped polo urinal collection” page of http://clayton4ever.tk/. I’m officially a big fan of Tessa (heck, I “like” her on facebook, that’s gotta mean something) and watched all of the 142 videos she’s posted in her time on YouTube. She’s really random, quirky, and fun, something I feel I can relate to. So, check out her channel. She just did a phenomenal music vid for a rather catchy song, that I’ve probably watched five times since she posted it two days ago (yes, I have no life. Ha.)

The next youtube venture I took was exploring mashups of Katy Perry’s California Gurls (great song btw) and Ke$ha’s TiK ToK (another great song). If you’ve been living under a rock for the past year, they’re pretty much exactly the same song, with a couple of tune differences and different lyrics. Anywho, about the second or third vid I came across was a group of six girls doing an acapella mashup. If you know me, you know that I’m a sucker for three- and four- part harmonies (and pretty girls :P), so I was really impressed. Anyway, these are the Cimorelli sisters, and they’ve got a little album out on iTunes and such. Check ‘em out, they’re pretty cool.

Lastly, several several months ago I started watching A Very Potter Musical, and finished up the other night before watching Act One Part One of the Sequel. Last night, I watched the entire rest of AVPS, and I must say, it was quite enjoyable. WARNING: This play would totally be rated PG-13, possibly even R with its language. So you little five year olds trolling the internet, this one isn’t for you. (as an aside, when I was five, I had no peers trolling the internet, much less knowing what it was.)

Anyway, there’s my YouTube ventures recently. Blogs about Michael Crawford, Glee MashUps, and possibly more coming later tonight. Oh, and football. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment