30 July 2010

"I laugh cause it's just so funny"

Yes, I quote Taylor. What of it?

Anyway, so this morning Mother had the ol’ Michael Crawford playing on the cd player (yeah, remember those things before mp3? We still got one.) On this selected compact disc, Michael did a substirring rendition of the Jesus Christ Superstar classic “Gethsemane/I Only Want To Say”. Upon once again hearing Mr. Crawford singing this tune, I thought to myself, and out loud to the maternal, “Just sayin’, but Ted Neeley is a gazillion times better Jesus than Michael Crawford.”

Mother, of course, disagreed with me, but either way, it got me thinking.

I’ve really never been that fond of Michael Crawford. Especially more recently.

Part of it might be that he used to play on tape (remember those, boys and girls? Those are ancient history) to put me to sleep back in the day (well, it was night time, but whatever. On with the story.), but I just don’t really fancy his voice. He overdramatizes his singing, and it just gets on my nerves for some reason. (For the record, he’s most likely the reason I’m not a big Phantom fan either)

So, that being said, bring on Ted Neeley and Carl Anderson. Crawford is so, like, eighties. AKA-old. And just plain odd. But the 80s blog is another complete topic. Maybe later tonight?

-cth

No comments:

Post a Comment