19 May 2010

I'm having babies!

That title caught your attention, didn't it? (teehee). The babies I'm referring to are in the nest on my windowsill. The nest and eggs had been sitting there for about two weeks; momma robin had been hanging around, so I knew the eggs would hatch. Today went up to put on some jeans so I could mow the yard, looked out the window, and there's a baby robin. Ran down and told dad, came back up after posting it on facebook (I named the bird Christopher), and when I got upstairs, a second egg was hatching! Decided to name that bird Larry, and last time I checked, he's still covered by eggshell, but out of the egg. Waiting for the third and final one to hatch. More will come on this blog, including pictures and stories of my growing babies.

-cth

No comments:

Post a Comment