27 December 2018

#Top100of2018: 100-76

Last year I mentioned I needed a break from doing a year-end pop music list. I kept tabs on the Hot 100 anyway for consistency purposes, so I thought I'd do a less in-depth review of 2018's top songs. Songs marked by an asterisk spent at least one week in 2018 as the top song in America; songs marked by a plus sign made my list of most-played songs this year according to Spotify. Let's do this.

100. Uproar - Lil Wayne feat. Swizz Beats
99. Money - Cardi B

Cardi B followed the success of 2017's "Bodak Yellow" with her studio debut, Invasion of Privacy. The new mom also earns the 2018 CU:BS Best New Artist honor.

98. Sky Walker - Miguel feat. Travis Scott
97. Broken - Lovelytheband
96. I Get The Bag - Gucci Mane feat. Migos
95. Marry Me - Thomas Rhett
94. Beautiful - Bazzi feat. Camila Cabello
93. Plain Jane - A$AP Ferg
+92. Sorry Not Sorry - Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato's rocky 2018 included new singles "Sober" and "Solo", but her 2017 smash hit "Sorry Not Sorry" is her sole #Top100of2018 entry
91. Call Out My Name - The Weeknd
90. You Make It Easy - Jason Aldean
89. I Love It - Kanye West feat. Lil Pump
88. Young Dumb & Broke - Khalid
87. One Kiss - Calvin Harris feat. Dua Lipa
86. Say Something - Justin Timberlake feat. Chris Stapleton
85. I'm Upset - Drake
84. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey's smash holiday single spent just seven weeks on the Hot 100 this year, but four of those weeks were in the top 10.
83. Lights Down Low - MAX
+82. Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran
81. Gucci Gang - Lil Pump
80. Shallow - Lady Gaga feat. Bradley Cooper

A Star Is Born was a box office smash; its signature song reached Billboard's top five in October.
79. I Like Me Better - Lauv
78. Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse) - Post Malone feat. Swae Lee
77. Breathin - Ariana Grande
76. Too Good At Goodbyes - Sam Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment