15 March 2015

Guess CUBS is a poetry blog now...

Another result of insomnia, this one slightly after 3 a.m.

Demons
Flying through my mind at night
Wings and fangs attack my thought
I can’t sleep
Their noiseless screeches pierce my ears
Shot like bullets, targeting my soul
The shot isn’t true
The soul is an escape artist, anyway
Instead you penetrate my lungs
I can’t breathe
Inhale deep, exhale long
Inhale
Exhale
In
Out
My chest pounding in pain
The demons move on
Tearing through my earthly core
Yet the soul remains untouched
Now my head
The demons intertwine
With thoughts
Millions of thoughts
Billions, trillions
I long for them to escape
Burst open my skull
Fly out
Leave me be
Leave me be
My thoughts still race
The demons move on
Down, down, down they go
My intestines next
The kidneys, liver, spleen
Each a stop on the search
The search of a soul
My knees next
First right, then left
The demons continue their quest
Tearing the skin on my fingers, wrists and arms
Coming in dry, an incessant itch
Split up, the demons decide
Spread the wealth, leave no stone unturned
One to freeze a foot
Another creates a pimple
Dandruff
Popping ears
Throat drainage
The demons scatter throughout
Weaker in separation
I’ll hold on
I’ll hold on
I’ll hold on
I will survive these demons

No comments:

Post a Comment