31 July 2018

Random Shuffle Challenge? Random Shuffle Challenge!

Those of you that are my Facebook friends (so, everyone reading this) knows that around December a specific type of note pops up in my memories. That type of note is the shuffle challenge, where one opens their favorite music player, goes into their entire song library, hits shuffle and play, then records the first 25 songs to play without skipping over any. Anyway, I was listening to some tunes last night and hit shuffle on my library, which at current time consists of close to 7,500 tracks. I decided to write down the first 25 that played, so I could do a mid-year shuffle challenge. So here are those 25 songs.

No one really dominated this list, but Paul McCartney was featured the most with two Beatles tunes and a recent Rihanna/Kanye collab (David Wolff-Patrick/Redferns)
1. Skinny Love (Live) - Ingrid Michaelson
2. Let It Be - The Beatles
3. My Blue Angel - Aaron Tippin
4. Blue Ridge Mountains - Fleet Foxes
5. Talladega - Eric Church
6. I'll Never Smile Again - Frank Sinatra
7. Freeway Of Love - Aretha Franklin
8. When I Come Around - Green Day
9. Rebel Girl - Bikini Kill
10. The Letter - The Box Tops
11. I Need Your Love - Calvin Harris & Ellie Goulding
12. Fourfiveseconds - Rihanna, Kanye West & Paul McCartney
13. Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden
14. I Choose You - Sara Bareilles
15. Can I Play With Madness - Iron Maiden
16. Funky Town - Lipps Inc.
17. I Me Mine - The Beatles
18. Only You - Ellie Goulding
19. Quarter To Three - Gary U.S. Bonds
20. It's Time You Learned About Good-Bye - Alan Jackson
21. Poor Little Fool - Ricky Nelson
22.What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
23. John Deere Green - Joe Diffie
24. Harlem Shake - Baauer
25. I'm Sorry - John Denver

All in all, I'm pleased with this list's variety. I've had shuffle challenges in the past in which half the songs came off one album. I'll post this year's official shuffle challenge on Facebook come December so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Clayton. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. Great to see your interest through your blog post. Since I am from India, I no knowledge of above list of songs. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. WE also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time, I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete