30 November 2010

Just a small tidbit about myself....

I'm an includer. I try my hardest all the time to make sure others feel involved. There's a guy sitting over there by himself, I wanna be the first to go over and make sure he's doing alright. I enjoy having conversations with just about anybody. I guess that might a part of why it always seems like I've "liked" or commented on facebook posts immediately after they are posted, because I like to let folks know they're being recognized and read and such. And it's not just because I'm being nice. If I include you in stuff, chances are I regard you and/or your opinions very highly.

I don't know, but it seems like no one tries very hard to extend the same favor to me. Too often I feel left out of events, conversations, etc. These same people that I have high regards for seem sometimes to not even notice me, as if I don't count, my opinion doesn't matter, or I'm just generally disliked. I don't like that. Maybe I'm just overreacting, but it would be nice, you know, just every once in a while, if people don't hold conversations right in front of me without my involvement, and little things like that.

Let me get this straight, this definitely does not apply to all my friends. There are some of you that always know that I'm around, and let me know that you know. To those friends, that just increases my respect towards you. Know that.

But just as a general thought, I'm feeling left out if you see me doing one or more of the following, especially in a group setting.

  • Staring off into random space or searching the area for something aimlessly
  • Pull out my headphones and start listening to music
  • Get out my phone (I'm normally looking at the text messages I received days ago, because very rarely does anyone except for maybe two or three people ever text me)
  • I start blurting out random things that typically pertain in some way to a conversation that is happening around me.
  • I just have this miserable, downtrodden look about me.
Again, it might just be me overreacting, but it would be nice if you notice I might be feeling un-included, as it were, to say "hey" or ask how my day's been or something of the sort. Who knows, that might just make my day.

And I really do enjoy it when days are made, whether they're mine or someone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment